Monday, August 25, 2014

Another slow week!
Because of my ankle, we have had to stay inside more to let my ankle heal. But as of right now, I am the only white girl in the zone.
Because it has been such a slow week I will just talk about our one investigator who has a baptismal date on Sept 7. He was completely prepared by the Lord and my companion and I are doing nothing. For 6 months or so he started going to different churches because he was confused about why all these churches had different beliefs. He found a restoration pamphlet in March and started attending the church in Blantyre since then. I don't think he has missed a week. No one was teaching him becuase he didn't live in their areas and didn't know who's area he was. Turns out he was in ours. He started attending our branch for 3 weeks and is always commenting. This past week we taught him about  the Word of Wisdom and we gave him a pamphlet about before. Before we were even able to meet with him, he committed himself to stop drinking tea and coffee. He didn't understand why but knew he should. He is most definitely been prepared to hear this message. I can't wait to see him be baptized!
Saturday President came down to Blantyre and we had Zone Conference. Such an amazing day and learned so much. One thing that I truly learned is that I only have 18 months to be able to serve a mission like this. I can serve as a senior but nothing will be like what I am doing right now. I will never be able to touch the hearts of the people, truly bring them up to Christ. So enjoy it before its gone, but it will end so quickly. I can't believe now that I have been out for 3 months. I don't know where the time has gone and I know it will just go faster and faster. I am so grateful to be apart of this mission, the work is truly progressing and making such an impact of these people. What an amazing work that I get to be apart of and work among so many great people.
Although a mission is hard, it is definitely worth it! I really still am not a fan of the food, I struggle still sometimes with the poverty I see, there are days where all our appointments fall through and we just walk and contact all day, but I wouldn't want to do anything different.
I love you all so much and am grateful for the example you have set for me. Love you!
-Sister Rasband
 Party with the Sisters before two of them went home!


Mormon Helping Hands


 Recently Baptized Mercy

No comments:

Post a Comment