Monday, October 13, 2014

I could complain about how hot it is here once again, but I figured I will be doing it for the rest of the month. #prayforsisterrasband Yes, I should have been putting on sunscreen because I am red. And all the akudas (blacks) make fun of it. Actually so do the Azungus...
But all is well in Zingwangwa. I have made it through my 3 transfers here and I feel like I just finished my first. Seventh Day Adventist are becoming more of mavuto (problem) here. We extended a date for a sister for November 9, and she said YEs! She knows  everything is true, but then the question comes "What day is the right day to worship?"  

Me: :l. Pray about it. 
We also had a sweeet lesson with a girl named Tiwo. She is a police officer and our first lesson with her was horrible. We tried to have a first lesson, explain what we do, and our purpose but she kept wanting to know what the BOM was. But on Wednesday we just felt like we should go and see her. 
We went there and she invited us to her bedroom, and we had a lesson while sitting on her bed. First for everything. But the spirit guided the whole lesson. She was saying she was just having a really hard day, crying and just was wondering how she was going to make it. I don't know what it was.  We started out talking about how much God loves her and how he blesses us. She then told us how she was asking for a sign from Heavenly Father, and just some comfort , and how she knows we were that sign. And although in the last lesson, her idea of the BOM was that she was afraid of it, we based our whole lesson on how it helps. So through everything that she said and the problems she was going through we would just pull out a scripture from the Book Of Mormon and show how this book testifies of Christ and helps us at anytime in life.  I don't remember the problem she was talking about then, but we decided to pull out Alma 37:36-37 and she just started crying know that was what she needed to do, to cry out the Lord  in all things and let him know and ask for help. She was so grateful for the Book of Mormon after we had shown her how she could use in her daily life. 

Its moments like these on missions, where you know you wouldn't want to be anywhere else. That this is exactly what I am suppose to be doing.  I got a letter from my grandparents this week talking about when they were mission presidents the missionaries that did well knew they were there to serve the Lord, instead of finding people to baptized. But they were there to serve the Lord in whatever way they need. It made me reflect on the 4 1/2 months that I have been on my mission. I am not here to baptized but I am here to serve the Lord. Its frustrating to think that I have been here for 4 months and had only 1 baptism while others that I came with the MTC have had at least 3-4! And how the elders in our branch have baptized 11 in the time my companion and I baptized 1. But numbers doesn't matter, all that matters is that I am here to serve the lord in whatever way he wants! Who knows what I have maybe planted for others to sow later. I also think about the one I have baptized and how that 1 hasn't missed church once in the last 3 months. I would rather say I baptized one who will get married in the temple send her children out on missions and so forth, than to say I baptized 20 and 2 remain active to this day.

Anyways I'm very grateful for this opportunity to be serving a mission, especially in Zambia and Malawi. I think about how terrified I was to serve in this mission, but now I can't picture myself anywhere else in the world! I love Malawi even if they don't have Cafe Rio! 

We get to watch General Conference this week and I am very excited!! I can't wait to hear all the great talks that you have been talking about! 

-Sister Rasband
Quotes of the week:
While walking away from drunk people, a drunk man starts yelling at me "I am a black Man!" and tries to throw a rock at me. And then another drunk man says to me.. don't worry, I'll protect you"

In sacrament meeting yesterday, a sister tells the congregation that the Wife should make all the decisions about the home, of where to build it and how it looks, because she is always at home. And if not, Satan will reside in the home.

District Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment