Monday, November 24, 2014

"Good Morning Sister Rasband.  How are you?" "So we are calling you concerning transfers" .... my heart starts beating and hands shaking. "The Lord has called you to serve in the Lilongwe Zone"
Yup. Leaving my home of Blantyre/Zingwangwa headed to Lilongwe, Malawi. Just earlier this week Sister Griffus and I were talking about how we want to serve in Lusaka and Copperbelt but we have absolutely NO desire to serve in Lilongwe. But its okay... I'll go wherever the Lord wants me to go. All  I know is that in Lilongwe they don't use minibus for transport but instead stradding a bike while someone is peddling for you. So I got that to look forward to...
I will be companions with Sister Falco (A sister from my MTC group!) and Sister Muthengi. But I think we will only be in a threesome for a couple weeks.
The hardest part of this all is that this upcoming Sunday we were suppose to have a baptism for 3 people! Ethel, Janet, and Enita. These three have truly become my best friends as we have been teaching them and I  can't believe I won't see them get baptized!
This last week has been great though! We did a service project with the Chikapas (our branch president) but moving bricks AGAIN.  We had a FHE with the Tsoka (Enita and Janet, and Enita's 2 children) Family and played the game with a thimble of Water and they loved it! But it just seems like everyday this week we have either been at Ethels or Enita/Janet's home just preparing them for their baptism. And now I don't even get to see it... Its okay.
Well  I hope everyone enjoys their Thanksgiving! Watch all the Football for me (#gohawks) and eat as much sweet potatoes as possible. I love you all!!


No comments:

Post a Comment