Monday, February 23, 2015

Hard work pays off that's for sure. For the last 6 weeks or numbers have been very low. 0, 0 , 0 but this week, we were able to finally see our area start to progress!! We have been meeting wonderful families and individuals ready to hear the gospel.  There is a quote my mom shared with me a couple weeks ago that I feel applies perfectly to what happened.

“When we are desperate everything changes. Our vision changes. We are suddenly able to see things we’ve never seen before. Our ability to do increases. We are suddenly able to do whatever it takes. ...
“My dear elders and sisters, I pray that on your mission you will have many moments of complete and overwhelming and even anguishing desperation. Why? Because then, and only then, will you desperately ask, desperately seek and desperately knock. Then, and only then, will you find the courage and determination to follow through with exactness everything the Lord needs you to do in order to serve a valiant vibrant, worthy and very successful mission for Him.”
The weeks before I was very desperate. We had no idea what to do with the area that we had been given. But I knew that something needed to change. I need to work harder. But not work harder but work more effectively. Plan more effectively. Find more effectively.  Use the atonement each and everyday as I got more frustrated and confused about the area. Recognize the spirit and follow the promptings. Fast. And getting on my knees and praying for His help to do his work. I am not here to do the Lord's work my way, but His way. And I need to conform to that. Change things to do what He would want.
And because of that, we have 3 people on date. 
Shenaz, an investigator we've had for 2 months, has received answer to her prayers that she needs to be baptized again by the right authority and ready to commit herself to be baptized on the 15 of March.
Irene and Hannah. Isaiah's (recent convert) two sisters who have been coming to church for the past 3 Sundays and preparing themselves for March 29.
Grateful to be in this area at this time. To grow and become the missionary/person the Lord wants me to be. 
I know that this church is true. We had a Missionary return from his mission in our branch and as he was bearing his testimony he said " This church is the only true church on this earth. And even if you say it isn't, it won't stop it from being the only true church." And its very true. No matter who strays from the truth fulness of the gospel, the church is still true and I know it! "Doubt your doubts before you doubt your Faith!"
Loves!

Sister Rasband



No comments:

Post a Comment