Monday, February 2, 2015

Mission Tour was so amazing! We headed down Friday and the plan was Saturday the meeting would start at 8:15. We get a call that night saying, "President and Sister Erickson, and Elder and Sister Cook's flight got canceled so it will start at 9:00. In my mind i was just thinking what if they don't get here. But they did!
When they arrived Sister Cook explained how it was very weird how everything seemed to get in the way of them coming to Blantyre. And when they got here the rain was so heavy it was hard to hear each other at the church. She said Satan really seem to want to stop whatever was going to happen.
But the spirit I felt as Elder Cook talked to us was incredible. He truly is a man called of God to carry on the work in Southeast Africa. We talked about the difference between a testimony and conversion. We gain that conversion by living the gospel each and every day of our lives. It is unwearied diligence of reading our scriptures, praying, going to church, and being Christlike, that helps us be converted to the gospel.
Not much else to tell you! But my companion and I have a lot of work to do this week as we have no investigators!
Love you all!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure who is running this blog. Sister Rasband or her mom? How fun that I saw this blog (on the Called To Serve resources) and recognized the last name Rasband. My daughter is in Zingwangwa now, Sister Browning. We hear they look alike, even though my daughter disagrees. Lol. We saw some pics of the back of Sis. Rasband and my husband pointed excitedly and said, "There's Neicia!" Of course the mom in me recognized the little differences. How fun to read through this blog! So glad I ran across it!

    Trina (the other Sister Browning)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to hear from you. I am Sister Rasband's mom. I have seen pictures of your daughter and I can see why people think they look alike. My daughter loved the people of the Zingwanwa branch, how blessed she is to be there. Also isn't your daughter with Sister Griffus? Anna loves her as well. Does your daughter have a blog? So, glad to be in touch with you. My email is kelleyrasband@gmail.com to keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete