Monday, February 16, 2015

This past week has been full of ups and downs. Our numbers look very low, but I am still happy with how the week has gone. The hardest part about our area is those who live in our rich area won't be home until 6, which is when we have to be in, so most of the rich people we have to squeeze in on Saturday and Sunday, and then the rest of the week, is basically finding, but yet we can't really find when they are at work. This "be home by 6" is super frustrating at times, because I know this area could be progressing if we could stay out till 8. My dream. But won't happen beecause of stories that we hear of So-and So got killed last night here in Sector 2.  But you would never know that this place is scary in the day.
But anyways yesterday we met the sweetest people. We contacted this guy who just moved here from Nigeria, and the first thing he says is "I went to blah church and I didn't like it. But I need to find a church here that shares the truth. So I will try your church this week." And I'm like... OKAY how about being baptized. Haha. But yet again, we can't see him until next Sunday.
Then we met this sweet family. The dad comes to the door and has us sit outside his gate. The he asks us if we are Jehovah's Witness, and we say no, and then instantly he lets us inside his home. Hahah story of missionary life here in Africa. I don't really know what I can tell you about this family but they are just sweet and you can tell how the gospel could bless their family! We will see them next weekend.
Our Village is doing well, but harder because peoples schedule are changing and we can't see some of our recent converts. But one of my favorite members, Sister Kapobo, is less active. She is so funny. She doesn't speak any English but yet loves us so much and we are always laughing. Love her so much! Last week as we were leaving she asked us just to stay and sleep there. She is so great. Anyways SHE CAME TO CHURCH.The first time since I have been here.
Well the work continues to go forward. I'm excited for this next transfer and to do all I can in this area. I am determined. Yes this area is super hard, but I am just going to give it all I can, work like its the last day of my mission each and everyday, and then I know that Heavenly Father will bless us.
Love you all!
Oh and Congrats to Lilongwe for becoming approved to be a district. Holla at us! Since I have been on my mission, they opened a new district in Copperbelt, a stake soon in Lusaka and now a district here in Lilongwe. The Lord is truly hastening his work!


No comments:

Post a Comment