Monday, May 4, 2015

The area is going well. We are doing some finding and a lot of service. We have two on date that are referrals from a powerful recent convert, Isaiah.  Not any progressing from our wealthy area but that is where we still focus our time on.
We taught this father this last week about the Restoration and after we asked how he felt about our message. And then what he said was one of the coolest statements I've heard an investigator say. He said "I like your message. I can  tell that it is a lot about Jesus Christ and that it is good. At first when I let you come it was just to be nice, but now that I hear your message I want you to meet with my whole family and I want you to share this with some other people I know. I do want to know if this is true or not. So I need to come to church. Unfortunately I will be out of town this week but I will come"
I couldn't believe what he said! So Sister Aidoo and I are very excited about him and his family.
This last week I have been working on prayer and recognizing the answers to prayer. One night as we were planning for the next day I was giving the opening prayer while during the prayer I thought about calling this one guy to see. And a lot of times during prayers I always think of what I have to do but I was trying to be still and listen. And so I thought about calling this guy who I just called 5 minutes ago and no answer. I didn't know if it was me thinking or  spirit. Anyways I acted on it and called him. He answered and said he wouldn't be available. And I thought about it a lot. Why did I feel like I should call him when the answer was no. And it made me think about this Mormon message by Elder Holland. He talks about how he and his son got to a fork in the road and didn't know where to go. They felt prompted to go one way and they went down it to find a dead end. They wondered why they felt prompted to got that way and Elder Holland said "Maybe just Heavenly Father just wanted us to know sooner that we were on the right path" And I think that was true with me.  He wanted me to know we couldn't see this man, instead of unsure if we could. And it is also amazing that Heavenly Father cares so much about something so small. I know he is always watching and helping us, but are we recognizing his answers.
This past week we got to do some service as a Zone cleaning up a members garden of maize. We cut down all the dead maize and even played some futbol with some of the kids. Its great to be a missionary!

Sister Rasband 



Pictures are of Anna and her new companion Sister Aidoo. The second one is three of the sister missionaries, the middle one is the Anna's new flat mate Sister Tuai from Salt Lake. And the last one is the futbol game with the local children.


No comments:

Post a Comment