Monday, November 30, 2015

Rainy season has started. Currently I am sitting in the same internet shop that I have sat in for 52 weeks. The rain is hitting the tin roof so hard I can barely hear myself.
This week was amazing like all the others. The days are going really fast and I don't know how it happens. We are teaching this amazing agogo (grandfather) and he is solid. He basically was telling us that when he gets to the church he will be baptized and his family will follow. But he can't come to church right now because his legs are very weak and won't make it to the church.

What scared me 18 months ago about Malawi are the things I will miss.
Walking through a busy market with people calling me Azungu is something I will miss a lot. I will miss the lessons when people don't understand me and I have to try to teach in chichewa and it doesn't work out to well. I will miss the long days in the heat with no one to teach. I will miss Malawi so much. Saying goodbye to the ones I love here is going to be hard because I may not ever will see them again. I am so grateful that the Lord has blessed me with a mission and led me here to spend 18 months in Malawi.
I am starting my last week on the mission and I know that it will be a hard week for me. I know with all my heart that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer and I feel very privileged that I got to declare his name for this time. I am so grateful for this restored Gospel. I am so grateful to be a disciple of Jesus Christ.
I'll be seeing you soon.
Sister Rasband



No comments:

Post a Comment